We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website. All personal information collected on this website shall be subject to the following principles:
- Electronic information – information collected and held electronically shall be afforded the same protection as non-electronic information;
- Collection of personal information – the collection of personal information shall be limited to and consistent with the requirements of the government program or activity;
- Use of personal information – individuals shall be informed as to why information is being collected and how it will be used;
- Disclosure of personal information – disclosure of information shall be limited to the purpose for which it was collected unless otherwise authorized by law; when practical and provided by law, information may be obtained from other government entities;
- Access to personal information – individuals shall be allowed a reasonable opportunity to obtain access to their personal information and to ensure that it is correct; and
- Security precautions – reasonable precautions shall be taken to ensure the security of personal information.
The following information is collected and stored automatically from all users accessing this website:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our site;
- The type of hardware, browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The number of bytes of data transmitted during your visit;
- Transaction and routing information to and from your computer;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our site from another website, the address of that website (URL).
This information is used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users and system enhancements.
USE OF LINKS
Throughout our website, we provide links to other servers which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organizations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other servers. Creating a text link from your website to our site does not require permission. If you have a link you’d like us to consider adding to our website, please send us an email with the subject “Link request.”
USE OF TEXT AND IMAGES
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, please email us with your request. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page. Information about using our logo and images is available in Media Resources.
This website is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities, and to comply with federal guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Unless you choose to do so (i.e. sending us an email, participating in a survey, responding to a feedback or “contact us” form, etc.), CASA NH does not obtain personally identifying information.
We consider any information that could reasonably be used to identify you as “personally identifying information.” This may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your email address;
- Your social security number;
- Your password;
- Your IP address;
- Bank account information;
- Credit card information;
- License or identification number;
- Telephone number;
- Medical or disability information;
- Any combination of data that could be used to identify you such as birth date, zip code, and/or gender; and
Any graphical or visual representation of you.
ONLINE PROFILE UPDATES AND DONATIONS
We may use your contact information to send further information about our organization or to contact you when necessary. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the “Opt Out” section below.
Data collected is maintained, analyzed, and utilized internally. CASA OF NH does not provide, sell, or rent personally identifiable information, including email addresses, to anyone outside the organization.
www.casanh.org uses cookie messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you have told us previously. The cookie is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features in which you may be interested. They also let us track your usage of www.casanh.org, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
- Proper functioning and performance of the website
- Internal analyses
- Maintenance of an advocate database for internal purposes
- Maintenance of a donor database for internal purposes
- Mailings and contact information
CASA NH will never rent, sell, disclose, or share your personal information with any third parties.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, while taking into account the risks involved in the nature of personal data and the processing thereof.
SENDING US AN EMAIL
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties.
If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We won’t share your name or email address with any outside parties.
KIDS AND PRIVACY
For children who visit our site, special rules apply. We do not request personal information about children, such as first and last name or street address and city. When kids send email to us, their online contact information (email address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in retrievable form.
OPT-OUT OR CHANGE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us through a special online form. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us by contacting us. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication.
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR POLICIES
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can email us.