Director of Communications
CASA of NH is seeking a self-directed, seasoned and passionate Director of Communications for their team to manage both internal and external communications. Our goal is to provide an advocate for 100% of the children who need advocates within the State of New Hampshire. The Director of Communications is responsible for supporting this goal by maximizing awareness, advancing volunteer recruitment, and maximizing donor support for CASA. This position requires creativity, maturity and drive in addition to proven functional expertise. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills.
The Director of Communications will be a member of the Senior Management Team, will report directly to the President and CEO, and will work closely with the Management Team to develop specific plans supporting CASA’s strategic priorities. This role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the Communications Plan and managing committees and individuals who are involved in the Plan deliverables. Additional specific job responsibilities include:
- 3-5 years proven history in the field of marketing & communications
- Media relations, including both proactive and reactive communications
- Web maintenance and familiarity with html code
- Social Media oversight , planning and implementation
- Support in developing donor solicitation materials
- Facilitation and promotion of community events
- Speaking engagements, developing a speakers bureau
- Project support for CASA events
- Electronic newsletter writing and distribution
- Communications Calendar management
- Proficiency with Adobe design products required
- Data management related to contact with media and key influencers
- Interns and volunteer supervision and coordination
To apply please submit electronically letter of interest and resume to Marcia Sink, President/CEO CASA of NH at email@example.com. Interested candidates must submit relevant work samples, including both writing and design.
Communications Intern - Part Time/Temporary
- write and edit website content using content management system
- assist with promotion via social media
- design marketing materials such as newsletters, brochures
- other duties as needed
A broad marketing experience will be provided by the end of the internship, including marketing of CASA of NH’s programs, fundraising events, and other donation opportunities. This is a temporary (3 month), voluntary position designed to award college credit; however, non-students may apply.
Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Experience with document layout, graphics editing
- Familiarity with online content management systems
- Writing sample requested
- Ability to work independently, quickly and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Eric or call 626-4600 for more information.