Assistant Part-Time Staff Attorney
This is a part-time (20 hour a week) position. Reports directly to the Senior Staff Attorney and in her absence to the Chief Executive Officer.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as in-house counsel for CASA of NH staff and volunteers, to be available to address legal questions and concerns as they arise.
- As needed provide initial and ongoing in-service training for staff and volunteers in all CASA offices on the legal process in Abuse/Neglect (RSA 169-C), Termination of Parental Rights (RSA 170-C) and Mediated Adoption (RSA 170-B: 14) proceedings.
- Represent CASA-NH in court as needed, including filing motions and memos of law and addressing legal issues that arise in individual cases.
- Accompany CASA-GALs to court if there are significant legal questions to be addressed.
- Review and edit reports submitted to the court by CASA/GALs in Termination of Parental Rights proceedings.
- Prepare CASA/GALs to testify as witnesses in Termination of Parental Rights proceedings and any other proceeding in which they are called as a witness.
- Cultivates new and maintains current relationships with law firms for pro-bono support. On occasion and when requested by the CEO, attends various committee/task-force meetings.
- Assist as needed the President/CEO with personnel and other management issues.
- Member of the New Hampshire BarAssociation
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience & knowledge regarding child protection cases.
- Experience in training/facilitating/presenting.
- Desire & ability to work with adult volunteers.
- Ability to travel in state CASA to regional offices and various courts around the state
- Scheduling flexibility
- Ability to work remotely
- This is a grant funded position.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter to CASA CEO and President Marty Sink at email@example.com or via mail to
CASA of NH
Attn: Marty Sink
PO Box 1327
Manchester, NH 03105
AmeriCorps VISTA — Communications Assistant
CASA of New Hampshire, through the AmeriCorps VISTA program, is seeking a Communications Assistant to help develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns aimed at recruiting new volunteers and spreading awareness of CASA’s mission. This is a yearlong, 40-hour-a-week position to facilitated through AmeriCorps. Visit the My AmeriCorps website for a full job description and more information about AmeriCorps and how to apply.
Diane Valladares, CASA of NH, Inc.,
P.O. Box 1327
Manchester, NH 03105-1327