CASA is looking to hire through the Americorps VISTA program. Learn more about becoming a VISTA and apply for the below positions on the website for the Families in Transition VISTA Program.
VISTA Communications Assistant
CASA of NH is looking for a VISTA member to support marketing and communication efforts in regards to volunteer recruitment, development and general awareness of the organization so more abused and neglected children can have a voice in court.
Based in Manchester, NH, CASA is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA member to serve in the role of Communications Assistant and act as a point person for resource development and volunteer recruitment initiatives. Under the direction of the Communications Director, CEO and Board of Directors, the AmeriCorps member will create and implement marketing initiatives to advance the mission of the organization.
Member Duties: The member’s main responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with staff and focus groups to craft print and online marketing campaigns for targeted groups.
- Set up and track speaking engagements throughout the community to groups ie: church groups, men’s groups, Rotary Clubs, etc.
- Work as a liaison with a local race director to develop a Superhero Run on behalf of CASA and help identify a company that would brand the event with logos, a signature name and marketing materials that would be used for this and future events.
- Work with staff to develop a small fundraising and awareness event in the Upper Valley.
- Work with staff to expand and execute in 2015 our plant stakes awareness campaign. Help finalize an instructional manual for a volunteer or intern to use to run the project with minimal supervision in subsequent years.
- Promote above efforts on CASA’s website, via social media and e-mail newsletters.
Occasional in-state travel for events may be required. By growing awareness about CASA, the VISTA impacts our volunteer recruitment efforts, and ultimately helps us support more abused and neglected children.
Qualifications and Skills
- Passionate about children’s rights and ending the cycle of abuse/neglect
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and database experience; familiarity with WordPress, Adobe Suite and social media.
- Ability to initiate work and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Capacity to work independently as well as in small teams
- A sense of humor
VISTA Resource Development Assistant
The Resource Development Assistant for CASA of New Hampshire will be engaged in projects to include:
- Help increase financial support from municipalities throughout the state
- Work with staff and outside agencies to create a new North Country ATV fundraising event by obtaining sponsorships, ads, in-kind donations and help to publicize the events
- Support two signature fundraisers – SnowFest and the Fashion Show/Auction
- Work with the Development Director to design and implement a streamlined grant-tracking system and seek out new grant opportunities – helping to grow CASA’s grant revenue
- Help to increase awareness about and sales of CASA’s greeting card fundraiser and awareness campaign by identifying no-cost advertising and promotional options, soliciting artwork donations and identifying businesses and professionals to market the cards to
This position can be based out of Manchester, NH or our Berlin, NH regional office.
Apply for these positions on the Families in Transition VISTA Program website.